Search This Blog

7.12.2011

Ode to Spray Paint

As you can probably tell from this title, we're big fans of the can here at sawyer|three.


It's amazing what a coat of glossy paint can do to refresh an old piece or a thrift store find. Seriously, it's amazing. It also helps that holding that can makes me feel like an artist when in reality, anyone who has the dexterity to press the nozzle has the skill to spray paint an object. Not to crush your dreams of being an artist. You still had to choose the color and actually go buy it. So don your beret, twirl your mustache and do that thing where you stick your thumb in the air anyway. I do.

The great thing about spray paint is that it sticks to EVERYTHING; metal, wood, wicker, wrought iron, hard vinyl, plaster, ceramic, plastic, my hands when I get overzealous. Everything. Of course certain types of spray paint stick to certain surfaces better than others. But it's easy enough to see what sticks where by taking a gander at the label on the can. Easy enough, right?

Needless to say, we've used spray paint on multiple surfaces in our apartment. Multiple. Yeah, we're super artsy and talented like that.

In fact it was the paint of choice when we created our little frame collage slash sawyer|three logo. We used a can of glossy black pray paint on these bad boys a while back. We collected frames we liked at the thrift store intending to make some kind of art collage on our living room wall. It wasn't long till we realized the frames themselves could be the art. Since they're all different there's a lot of fun textures going on which we love.

I even used the remnants of a spray paint can to refresh an old pair of metal earrings. They were starting to rust but it was nothing a little hot pink spray paint couldn't handle. I wish I had a picture for you, but I must admit I forgot to take one. But trust me, the paint made a world of difference.

I also mentioned that I'm planning on taking a can to at least one of these guys. I'm still undecided on the color at this point. But I'm leaning toward a nice bright matte color. That's right, you can buy matte spray paint. Yet another reason to love it!

Have you used spray paint on anything around your house lately? We'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment