Search This Blog

5.03.2011

Somewhere to start

When I was approached by our friend M to create arrangements for an event for her work, I jumped at the opportunity. Have I ever made floral arrangements for an official “event” before? No. But I find that my friends can have the confidence and urgency that I might need to replace my worry or lack of experience. Do I love flowers? Yes. You’ve got to start somewhere right? Well, this is my starting point.

My guidelines were: two large arrangements, one small, floral, and “she likes things symmetrical”. I took this and ran with it. I know that M’s work colors are blue and white, so I decided hydrangeas would be the flower of focus. On to Michael’s I went...


I found two “wreath stands” that I dismantled to become “Styrofoam ball stands”. Then comes the Styrofoam balls, hydrangeas, ferns, and thin wooden spirals. To be honest at the time of purchase, I was not one hundred percent sure of what would come of all of these items, but that’s half the fun, right?


After a few hours of separating, spacing, and altering I couldn’t be happier with the final product!






                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment